Sauhin Ng B.OT, Associate Member of the Australian Hand Therapy Association (AHTA)
For Telehealth with Sauhin ring 3205 7019.
Northside Hand and Upper Limb Clinic welcomes Sauhin who graduated from the University of Queensland in 2012 with a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy. Sauhin has extensive experience in a variety of clinical caseloads and has worked in both private and public sectors within the Sunshine Coast Health Service and in the UK. She has spent the last three years specialising in the management of hand and upper limb conditions and has a particular interest in acute trauma and post-operative management.
Prior to joining the Northside team, Sauhin worked in the Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service as of the Senior Occupational Therapist providing Hand Therapy services across Gympie, Nambour and Sunshine Coast University Hospitals. Previous to this, she worked in several major trauma hospitals in central London for two years. Sauhin has primarily worked in the areas of:
- Plastics - The treatment of upper limb wounds, grafts and flaps, tendon and nerve repairs, soft tissue injuries, finger terminalisations, and burns. This often involves wound care, scar and oedema management, and custom-made thermoplastic splint fabrication.
- Orthopaedics – Conservative and surgical management of upper limb fractures and other soft tissue and joint conditions such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, De Quervain’s Tenosynovitis, joint replacements and fusions, and arthritis. She has a strong passion for working with people to help them understand how to manage their osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, or psoriatic arthritis by providing joint protection education which may include joint stabilisation exercises, adaptive equipment prescription, and work simplification strategies.
- Persistent Pain – biopsychosocial assessment and treatment of people experiencing persistent pain following acute injuries and/or living with chronic conditions. Her skills are goal-oriented and focus on helping people utilise strategies to improve their ability to engage in tasks and roles meaningful to the person.
Sauhin has completed a wide range of additional training in the following areas:
- Advanced Open Trauma and Tendon Management –Advanced hand and upper limb courses focused on the therapeutic management of complex clinical scenarios including but not limited to; fractures, tendon repairs and grafts, ligament injuries, nerve injuries, skin grafting and free flaps.
- Deep Dry Needling – An effective treatment for myofascial pain, dry needling uses the stimulation of trigger points with fine filament needles to reduce muscular pain and dysfunction.
- Graded Motor Imagery and “Explain Pain” – This training was delivered by the Neuro Orthopaedic Institute who has been at the forefront delivering pain sciences and neurodynamics education to the world. Sauhin can provide a deep understanding of pain and its treatment.
- Burns Management in the Hand – An advanced course run by The British Association of Hand Therapists focusing on the acute and sub-acute treatment and care of burns specific to the upper limb.
- Kinesio Taping in Hand Therapy – Sauhin is trained to apply Kinesio Taping Techniques to upper extremity sports and orthopaedic conditions, progressing from acute to chronic. Conditions may include Joint instability, Repetitive strain injuries, Fractures, Tendinitis, Nerve injury, Sprain/strain, and Posture.
- Splinting in Neurology – A course on splinting for spasticity using soft and scotch casting materials.
- Developmental Paediatrics – Sauhin has previously worked specifically in the area of Paediatrics in outpatient hospital clinics with children with a variety of conditions such as global developmental delay, autism, and cerebral palsy. Her expertise extends to working with children with fine motor delay and handwriting difficulties.